Who is a member of SPT?
Memebers are persons who have paid membership dues by having an active membership.
What types of SPT memberships are available to me?
There are five classifications of Membership. The classifications are:
- Regular: Scholars or Practitioners who are actively engaged in scholarly research, teaching, or practice in institutions or other organizations.
- Student: Master’s and Doctoral students enrolled in graduate programs at accredited institutions of higher education who are attending school full or part-time and engaged in scholarly research, teaching and or practice.
- Retired: Scholars or Practitioners with emeritus or retired status actively engaged in research, teaching or practice.
- Fixed: Persons actively engaged in research, teaching or practice with limited income.
- International: Scholars or Practitioners outside of the United States and Canada actively engaged in scholarly research, teaching, or practice.
When does my membership expire?
Memberships are for a year from the date you sign up, and will automatically renew each year until cancelled.
How do I renew my membership next year?
A membership renewal email will be sent to you prior to your membership expiration date. You can renew your membership online using the join SPT form.
I cannot afford to renew my membership right now. What will happen to my membership?
You will become an inactive member of SPT and will no longer receive the member benefits and publications. Memberships can be reactivated at any time online visiting the join SPT page.
How do I access the member’s only area?
Enter your user name and password by clicking on the login button at the top right of the SPT home page. After you login, you should see member’s only features under the ”Members” menu on the home page.
What should I do if I can’t log into the members-only pages?
Make sure you are using the correct email address and password. If you are unsure of your password, you can select “Forgot Password” on the login screen.
How do I update my profile/contact information?
You may update your contact information online at societyforpastoraltheology.org. Use the login button to sign on to the website, then click on “My Profile” item on the menu under your avatar to update your information. For additional help, contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I obtain access to the Journal of Pastoral Theology?
Once you are a member use the button on the Journal Access page to get to the journal.
Why am I not receiving SPT emails?
Only current members receive email. If you like to be added to our list, please join SPT or renew your membership. If you have a current membership, please contact Member Services at email@example.com to tell us you are not getting the emails. We will respond after we have completed our investigation.